Wednesday, January 06, 2010

Gems of Ilayaraaja- Sangathil Padaadha (cover version) with Sriram Srinivasan

I think every Ilayaraaja fan out there would definitely know and love this song. Inspite of a pathetic picturisation , and definitely not to mention pathetic people being starred in the original, this song is an anthem of sorts. The malayalam version of this is a show stopper as well.

The Tamizh version differs quite a bit from the Malayalam one, being a duet and romantic theme being a couple. I worked in re-arranging the track a little bit so it would fit the tamizh bill, so to speak :)

Sriram Srinivasan has lent the male vocals for this one, and I personally wanted a non-IL clone to sing this, and thought Sriram would bring a different flavour to this one. Thanks Sriram— my first collaboration with you and it was really fun :-)

Sriram passed me
a link on this song which made an interesting read. Please do check it out if you are interested

Muziboo comments on this post

Movie; Auto Raaja
Original music by: Ilayaraaja
Originally sung by: IL & S.Janaki
Cover version by:
Sriram Srinivasan & Meera Manohar
Backing harmonies & mixed by: Meera Manohar





Sangathil Paadaadha (cover version) with Sriram Srinivasan | Upload Music

4 comments:

shoba said...

Beautiful Meera. I am visiting your blog after a long time.. Superb song... I am sure you have heard "Gum sum.." from Paa..

sdpal said...

Oh thanks for this song. For a long time, Ive been scratching my head for "Gum sums" tamil version. I know I couldve googled.. but was lazy and everytime I hear, I always will be thinking..
Btw, nicely sung (as usual)

Unknown said...

http://www.musicquencher.com/blog/2009/08/25/multiple-versions-of-a-single-tune/

After hearing your rendition multitude of times, I would like to add your version to Raja's Sangathil repository.

Anonymous said...

nice blog. selection of songs are awesome.